Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Brooke Shields' Healthy Secrets on Fitness

Brooke Shields has been an icon of beauty since she started modeling.Along with beauty,today Brooke can also add actress,mother and role model to her list of credentials.Brooke Shields sure has come far from her jail bait days of, "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins." Brooke graces the cover of October's Fitness magazine,and she looks really vibrant and happy.
Brooke Shields' Healthy Secrets on Fitness
I also can't wait to see Brooke's new TV show Lipstick Jungle based on the Candace Bushnell book,the same author of Sex & the City.Fitness Magazine got the scoop from Brooke as she follows Daisy Fuentes as the latest Mind, Body and Spirit Superstar of 2007.Here are highlights from Brooke's Fitness interview:
On staying fit: "I try to do an hour of something everyday. It's almost impossible when I'm working, because I'm on the set for 14-16 hours...But on days when the baby has woken up four times during the night, putting my sneakers on is the last thing I want to do. I'd rather have four cups of coffee, and, after the caffeine wears off, take a nap with her! I used to have a very type-A lifestyle, but being a mom changed all that."
On staying motivated to workout: It's easier when I have an external motivation, like getting ready for Broadway. [She starred in Grease in 1995, Cabaret in 2001 and Chicago in 2005.] I had to go into those shows at the top of my game, physically, because the schedule was so rigorous. It's like the Olympics-only it lasts six months!
On being 42: "I always wanted to feel fulfilled, but I wasn't always convinced it was going to happen. But now that I have my husband and my kids, I am. That makes me feel younger than I am-like life is just beginning for me."
On foods she avoids: Carbs are the first thing to go if I want to lose weight. I never used to eat red  meat, but now, if I crave it-which usually happens when I have my period-I go for it. I also love ice cream. I try not to deny myself, because if I do, it turns into this major internal battle. So I pop a couple of Dove Miniatures. I can satisfy myself without going overboard. I also try to drink tons of water. I can actually see how much healthier my skin and hair look when I do.
donna-karan
On toning up: "I don't lift weights," she says."It's easy for me to bulk up. I keep my muscles toned by doing yoga." One super-effective pose, says Ish Moran, her former instructor at Maha Yoga in Brentwood, California, is the chattaranga pose, which works the triceps.
Brooke Shields poses at the 2008 Emmy Awards
On beating stress: "Exercise helps me beat stress...Having a beer also helps me  decompress-though it's hard for me to say that, because I come from an  alcoholic family."
If you want to know more other fitness or healthy weight loss ways,MBT shoes are considered as the first physiological footwear in the world which can give you a healthy and charming body in dailylife.There are many people who use discount mbt shoes for training in business or other exercise routines.This is mainly because the MBT outlet shoes give much needed impetus to the overall health and body healthy.MBT shoes are the smallest gym in the world!
Article source: http://www.gtmbt.com/blog/brooke-shields-healthy-secrets-on-fitness/2461.html

No comments:

Post a Comment